Sometimes you’re not just looking to travel, but you have plans to attend a major event, and you want to build your vacation around that. AffordableTours.com has some options for you to book a vacation that let you travel to a number of special events that happen annually. Read on for some examples of the kinds of tours we offer and the events we can take you to.
The wide diversity of American culture means that every day of the year, something special is happening somewhere. Here are some of the special events you might consider planning to attend for your next vacation.
- If you’re a fan of college football, or even just a fan of the pageantry around it, you can book a trip to Pasasdena, California for the Tournament of Roses Parade, held every January 1 before the Rose Bowl. The 2014 tournament has already passed, but you can book tickets for the 2015 parade through one of our partnerships with Globus Tours or Mayflower Tours.
- As the old saying goes, America has two native art forms that were invented here in the States: Jazz and musical theater. If you like the former, consider booking a tour package to New Orleans’ JazzFest, which not only showcases popular festival artists and great jazz performers, but local musicians, artists, and cuisine, as well.
- Baseball is known as “America’s Pastime,” and no place better exemplifies that grand tradition than Cooperstown. Tauck Tours has a package that will take you to the 75th Anniversary Concert of the National Baseball Hall of Fame during the first week of August. There really is no experience like a private tour of the National Baseball Hall of Fame, coupled with the chance to get in a few swings at Doubleday Field.
Of course, if you want to expand your horizons even further, AffordableTours.com can offer you vacations taking you to some of the most famous events and storied traditions of human culture. For example:
- Through our partnership with G Adventures Tours, you can visit Spain during the Running of the Bulls in Pamplona. One of the most famous events in the world for those who seek a little thrill and a little danger in their travel experiences, Pamplona’s San Fermín festival takes place in July.
- Beer lovers and those fond of Bavarian culture can plan a trip to Munich for Oktoberfest. Contiki Tours has some very affordable packages for the adventurous traveler. If you’re willing to spend a little time staying at a hostel or even camping out, You can experience Oktoberfest.
You get the idea. The variety of cultures around the world means that some special cultural event is happening at some place on the globe every day of the year. If you find one that interests you, visit AffordableTours.com and we can help you book a vacation planned around it at a great price.