Anyone familiar with the Disney name will recognize them as one of the top providers of family-friendly entertainment, and that attitude and reach extends to their cruises.
Disney Cruise Line has just announced plans for Star Wars Day at Sea in 2016. Eight different special sailings in the Western Caribbean will host a Star Wars Day while they are out at sea. This event marks the first official appearance of Star Wars characters onboard a Disney Cruise Line ship, and along with it, a complete list of activities for Star Wars fans of all ages.
The ship will have a wide variety of Star Wars-related onboard activities. For starters, all of the first six Star Wars films will be available for viewing. The animated series Star Wars Rebels, a Disney series that premiered in 2014 and takes place in between Episodes III and IV, will be shown as well. You’ll also have a chance to meet people both in and behind the scenes, as celebrities and other people who have worked on and in the Star Wars universe will be there to share stories, answer your questions, and sign autographs.
The centerpiece of the Star Wars Day at Sea is the deck party and fireworks. Characters from the Star Wars universe will put on a show for guests (which has room for audience participation, if you’re not shy); the party will include music, dancing, and games; and it culminates with a final show chock-full of special effects: lighting, lasers, sound, and pyrotechnics all combine to form a spectacular climax to the party.
Other on-board events include:
- Characters from the Star Wars series will be roaming on deck, as well as appearing at scheduled meet-and-greets.
- Star Wars trivia games provide fun for older and younger fans alike.
- In the Oceaneer Lab and Oceaneer Club, entertainment more suitable for children, such as Star Wars-themed arts and crafts, will be available all day.
- A version of the Jedi Training Academy (modified to be suitable aboard a ship) will allow younger fans to learn lightsaber moves from a Jedi Master, before using them in a final test against Darth Vader.
- For the adults, the nightclub is modeled after the Mos Eisley cantina, populated with characters and music to suit it, and with Star Wars-themed specialty cocktails.
The itinerary for this special sailing begins in Florida, as the ship departs from Port Canaveral. Among the other stops along the itinerary are Cozumel, Mexico; Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands; and Castaway Cay, a private island in the Bahamas owned by Disney.
Eight different departure dates for the seven-day cruise have been scheduled for 2016: January 9 and 23, February 6 and 20, March 5 and 19, and April 2 and 16.
If you’re a Star Wars fan, have children who are Star Wars fans, or simply want to know more about Disney Cruise Line, visit our website to learn more or contact one of our professionals at 1-800-627-3753. If the Star Wars Day at Sea interests you, contact us soon, because events this unique tend to sell quickly.